About the German Shepherd Dog Club of Atlanta

Records are vague, but it seems that The German Shepherd Club of Atlanta was founded in the 1956 when a small group of breeders and owners interested in the German Shepherd Dog met in Atlanta Georgia. The first president was Mrs. Michelle Leathers Billings. Their purpose was the improvement of the breed; through programs and activities members learn about all aspects of the German Shepherd Dog, including mental and physical development; the breed standard, working ability, breeding, care and rearing of puppies, etc. Today, the Club’s goal is the same.

Region Map

Our club is part of the Southeast region. In total there are 9 different regions with about 78 registered clubs who are members of the parent club German Shepherd Dog Club of America (GSDCA). Each club host specialty dog shows throughout the year, where fanciers/exhibitors/German Shepherd lovers a like can come together to observe and exhibit the breed.

The German Shepherd Dog Club of Atlanta, Inc. is a nonprofit organization chartered in Georgia in 1974. Our club objectives is to uphold the intents and purposes as stated in the Articles of Incorporation, and to conduct sanctioned and licensed specialty shows and all AKC events for which the Club is eligible under the rules of the American Kennel Club. Further, to conduct approved GSDCA-WDA events under the authority, rules and regulations of the German Shepherd Dog Club of America Working Dog Association, Inc.